Boston Fern in glass planter (one of a kind)
*Flower and Plant delivery is available only for Auckland*
- Light: The Boston fern needs bright indirect sun. Some varieties of Nephrolepis can be trained to handle almost full sun, but most, including the Boston fern, prefer filtered, dappled light.
- Water: It is important to keep the root ball moist at all times. If your Boston fern is sitting in somewhat of a dry area (instead of humid), mist with water frequently to keep moist.
- Temperature: These ferns can survive the occasional blast of cold, down to 10 degrees or even slightly colder for a few hours. However, they really thrive between 15 - 25 degrees.
- Soil: Boston ferns need a loamy, rich, organic mixture. Make sure the drainage is good to avoid rotting the roots, which will be evident if the plant is beginning to lose leaves or appears waterlogged. It's a good idea to choose a soil that contains some organic material.
- Fertilizer: During the growing season, feed the fern with liquid or slow-release pellets. If you're not happy with the fern's progress, it won't hurt to slightly increase the fertilizer within reasonable limits.